Monday, April 20, 2009

Are you hungry?

I woke up way too early in Virginia this am as we prepare to begin our training at ILC. One of the reasons I am up so early is I am HUNGRY! As I was laying there trying to decide if I would get up or not I realized that hunger is what this whole process is about. So questions started coming and I started thinking (which is scary sometimes) Do I hunger for the Word? Do I hunger to know Jesus more? Do I hunger to see souls saved? Do I hunger to honor Him in everything? Do I hunger to see every people and nation and tribe and toungue worship? This is what life should be! We should always be hungry for all of these things and more when it comes to our walk with our Savior! So, I challenge you as you read this blog to think are you hungry for these things as well? I hope so!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you are talking about. Thirst and hunger are closely associated. Not so long ago I had not been reading my Bible. I can honestly say that I had a thirst for a lot of things but not kingdom things. I started praying for God to create a thirst in me for his word. I do not know when it happened, I believe it was a process. I love digging in His Word. Do you know the song by Brandon Heath, Give Me Your Eyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsYAZvHsEQ. I love you Jeremy and all you other McSwain's. I will begin praying this for you. You are young and regardless of how long you have served God can still stretch us a little farther. Please keep in touch. I can still help Deanna with your site to add some things. She can call me anytime. I have long distance anywhere in US.

nana112847 said...

Hey guys, hope all is going well at FPO. We miss seeing you around town but know that you are just where you should be. God is good and He will be right beside you through FPO and then on to Moscow.
Love to all, Diane

Lori Stamey said...

Thanks for your post, Jeremy. When D'Anna Beaty was on our team, she almost always said in her prayers, "give us a hunger and thirst for You, your Word and your righteousness". I need to pray that prayer more often for myself and for those I love. Lord, let me hunger for You as much as I do for chocolate!