Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Week!

We have had a good week and continue to thank you for your prayers! We survived another week of language. We went to worship last Sunday at Golovinski church. Some special music was given by a man on an accordion. It was very interesting and the first time I have ever been a part of a worship service with an accordion!
On Tuesday night, I went to meet a friend for dinner. We went to a Russian restaurant called Kvartira 44 (which means apartment 44 in Russian) and enjoyed a great salad. I had to leave a little sooner than expected because Kellan hurt his wrist outside playing and I needed to come home to check on him. Please pray for Misha, Oxanna, Ivan, and Anton. Misha would be open to the gospel but has told me 2 times now that his wife is very uncomfortable discussing or being a part of religion. Thankfully Kellan's arm was not broken. We went to the European Medical Clinic for x-rays the following morning he had severe soft tissue damage and bruising. His hand is much better now. He told me 2 days after - "Daddy, I can tell my arm is getting better because I can use more fingers on my PSP!" Healing was measured by success on the PSP!
On Friday night we went to dinner at the home of some of our colleagues and had a GREAT southern meal - barbecue, baked beans, sweet tea, and french fries. We had good fellowship and played some games afterwards.
Tonight, we had our neighbors over again for pizza and salad. We had an interesting time playing the Wii together. There is definitely growing interest in why we are here. It is frustrating to not be able to tell him more in Russian, but our friendship continues to grow.
Continue praying for our language studies and for more opportunities to meet new neighbors and friends! Blessings!!!

No comments: