Monday, January 11, 2010













At the beginning of December a couple of Kellan's Sunday School Teachers came up to me and told me that they needed him to be a wise man in the Christmas play but that he would not agree to do it. They asked me to talk to him about it. After I thought about it, I decided I wasn't going to make him. He has been pretty brave just going to the Sunday School where there is no English spoken and I was fine with him not doing it, but I did want him to think about it. So, I told him that the teachers talked with me and that I thought he should pray about whether God wanted him to do it or not. After about 5 or 6 days he came back to me and said that God told him he should do it!
He was not very happy about the costume, but orange is his favorite color! He was really nervous, but he did a GREAT job. When I took him to the room where his teachers were, I asked him if he needed me to stay and translate anything, but he didn't. He said he thouht he understood. When it was over, I told him he did a great job and that his bow was PERFECT. He laughed and said, "I had no idea what to do! I just followed the one in front of me!"
I was a very proud daddy! He did a GREAT job!


3 comments:

D'Anna said...

What a wise Dad you are! And, you have a wise son! Now that this "ice" has been broken, there will be so much more to come - and all will be easier!
Is this the Ziako's church family? Where do you meet now?
Praying for you all - and the upcoming surgery!
(I LOVED her comment about the "change of scenery" - laughed SO HARD! Bless her heart! : )

Julie Ball said...

What a great story! You go, Kellan!

Praying for all of you! No pressure to post more often, but I do so enjoy your updates and pictures. I frequently thank God that I live in the Information Age! I'd have lost touch with everybody by now without the Internet! ;)

Jeremy said...

Yes D'Anna it is Zaiko's church family. Now we meet in the seminary. Thanks for the prayers.

Julie, good to hear from you It is nice to live in the information age!